Skip navigation

Rent, Utility and Mortgage Help


Translate This Page


Rent, Utility and Mortgage Assistance Programs

The Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance program (TRUA) and Mortgage Assistance programs offer resources to Denver residents who are facing financial hardship to help prevent eviction or foreclosure.

If you:

  • Are in or facing financial hardship
  • Need help with rent, utility, or mortgage payments

You may be elligible to receive:

  • Help paying rent, mortgage, or utilities

How it will work:

  • You will be asked some basic questions, such as your address
  • A local nonprofit partner will be assigned to help you

You will be asked to:

  • Provide proof of your household income
  • Provide proof of Denver residency
  • Provide proof of your rent, mortgage or utilities due
  • Provide information about the cause of your housing crisis (job loss, unsafe housing conditions, potential eviction, foreclosure, and/or shutoff notice)

Your next step is to call 3-1-1 and press 6

You can also fill out this online form to check your eligibility and request an application.

Things to know:

  • This program is for Denver residents only
  • This is temporary assistance when you face a housing crisis
  • Assistance payments will be made directly to your landlord, lender, servicer or utility company
  • Your household must meet income limits (earning $54,950 or less for one person, or $78,500 or less for a household of four)
  • Assistance is available during tenant/landlord mediation

Other Related Services

For more information on additional housing stability resources available throughout the Denver metro region, visit Mile High United Way or call 211.


Denver 3-1-1 can help connect you to a local non- profit organization working on this program – either Brothers Redevelopment Inc., Northeast Denver Housing Center or Del Norte Neighborhood Development Corp. (determined by your ZIP code). The nonprofit you are referred to will help you understand what information or documents you will need to submit. 



Wellington Webb Office Building
201 W. Colfax Ave., 6th Floor
Denver, CO 80202

Department of Housing Stability

Main Line: 720-913-1534
Non-Emergency Assistance: 720-913-2000  | Emergencies: Call 9-1-1

Report a Problem | Ask a Question


Department of Housing Stability logo