Submit An I Am Denver Story Or Suggest Someone Who Should Tell Their Story
Start by checking out some of the examples in our Stories section. Use the below questions as a guide to help write your story. You may also submit something not related to these questions.
Some tips before you start:
- Answer one question at a time
- Remember that stories have a beginning, middle and end
- Use all of your senses (example: what does that snowy day in Denver sound like? Smell like? Feel like?)
- Use active verbs (example: is, are, was, flew, jumped, fell)
Some helpful questions are listed below (feel free to make up your own):
- What is your favorite memory of Denver?
- How would you like Denver to be remembered?
- What are your hopes for what the future holds for Denver?
- What is your earliest memory of Denver?
- Are there any funny Denver stories or memories or characters from your life that you’d like others to know about?
Be yourself. This is your story. Tell it in your voice.