Applications are currently being accepted for the new Housing Stability Strategic Advisors group. The purpose of the Housing Stability Strategic Advisors group is to provide advice and recommendations regarding the planning and implementation of city programs, services, and expenditures related to homelessness resolution, housing stability, and housing opportunities.
The advisory group will be comprised of eleven members representing perspectives along the housing continuum, including:
- 2 members with professional/lived expertise in the effects of gentrification and displacement or housing instability on lower-income households (1 Mayoral, 1 City Council appointment)
- 2 members with professional/lived expertise in homelessness or in providing housing or services for residents experiencing homelessness (1 Mayoral, 1 City Council appointment)
- 2 members with professional/lived expertise living in affordable housing or developing income-restricted housing (1 Mayoral, 1 City Council appointment)
- 1 member representing public, private or philanthropic partner organizations that fund affordable housing, appointed by the Mayor
- 2 members from organizations with national best practice perspective on housing stability, homelessness resolution or housing opportunity (1 Mayoral, 1 City Council appointment)
- 1 community member appointed by the Mayor
- 1 community member appointed by City Council
Appointees will serve three-year terms, though initial appointments will be staggered in one, two, and three-year increments. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online, as applications will be accepted until September 11th, 2020. The advisory group is expected to have its first meeting in October 2020 and meet approximately every other month with special meetings as needed.
Candidates are asked to attach a supplemental document to their application through the link above that answers the following questions in one page or less:
- Why are you interested in serving on this advisory group?
- Why do you think you are qualified to serve on this advisory group?
- Please list which position(s) you are interested in serving in for this advisory group.
- Are you interested in serving as a Council appointee, a Mayoral appointee, or either role in this advisory group?
- What is your lived or professional expertise with gentrification/displacement, homelessness, and/or affordable housing?
- Those experiencing homelessness and/or housing instability disproportionately represent communities of color. Denver is working to breakdown historic barriers to housing access and focus on greater equity in services. How would your appointment contribute to greater inclusion or representation of communities with historic barriers to housing or service access?
- This board will advise the City’s Department of Housing Stability on plans and policies that provide oversight on the use of public funds. What relevant experience do you have with public funding or where might you need additional training to be effective in this role?