The Benefits of Direct Deposit
- Your pay is available as cash on pay day
- You don’t have to worry about lost or stolen paychecks
- You don’t have to waste time standing in line to cash or deposit your check
- If you have an interest-bearing account, your pay may begin to earn interest right away, depending on your bank
With direct deposit, you can be confident that your pay is deposited into your account(s) on time and correctly.
How do employees start direct deposit? It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3!
- Open a savings/checking account from the Financial Institution of your choice
- Obtain verification from the financial institution as this must accompany the direct deposit form. This letter will verify the routing number and account number of your account:
- For checking accounts - Attach a voided check or a verification letter to the direct deposit form
- For savings accounts – Attach a verification letter to the direct deposit form
- You can enroll in Direct Deposit via Workday (instructions to configure direct deposit in Workday can be found here).
Denver Public Library on-call employees may complete a paper direct deposit form and return it to the Controller's Office, Payroll Division.
You may change your financial institution, designate a different account, or cancel direct deposit at any time in Workday.
Once you are enrolled in direct deposit you will no longer receive a payslip at your home. You may print your payslilp from Workday.
Please note: If you choose direct deposit for a portion of your paycheck, your entire pay must go direct deposit. You are also allowed to direct your funds to go into as many as four accounts.