Employees are required to complete a W-4 form
so that we can calculate your federal tax withholdings.
If you have access to the city network, you can view and update your W-4 information online through the following steps:
- Go to the DOT homepage and sign in with your network username and password
- On the "My Page" tab, select "My W-4 Tax Information"
- Update your tax data and submit your changes
If you don't have access to the city network, you can drop off your updated W-4
, or send it to us by mail or fax:
201 West Colfax Ave Dept. 1109
Denver, CO 80202
Fax: 720 913-5249
You should check your payslip periodically to make sure your tax information and deductions are correct, such as:
New benefit deductions
Changes to your 457 Plan
Changes to your allowances
Changes to your dependents
Changes to FSA medical amounts
Exempt status changes
The W-5 Advanced Earned Income Credit Form was repealed. Please speak to your tax consultant for additional information.
This is for informational purposes only as the City and County of Denver does not provide tax advice. You should consult with your tax advisor regarding your particular tax situation.
Social Security Tax Limits for 2015
Medicare Tax for 2015
- Wage Base: There is no maximum wage base or deduction for Medicare Tax
- Rate: 1.45% on the first $200,000 that you earn
- Rate: 2.35% on any earnings over $200,000
457 Plan and 457 Plan Catch-up Contribution Limits for 2014
- 457 Plan Contribution Limit: $18,000.00
- 457 Plan Catch-Up Contribution Limit: $24,000.00 (for employees 50 years or older)
- 457 Plan Catch-Up Contribution Limit if you are within three years of retirement: $36,000
To calculate the percentage:
- Take the maximum contribution allowed - divided by your estimated year-to-date earning, equals the per pay period 457 Plan percentage (i.e., $17,500.00/$45,000.00 = 39%
- For help with TIAA-CREF retirement plans or investment options, contact a TIAA-CREF consultant at 855 259-4648 or visit their website.
Denver Employees Retirement Plan (DERP)
This is a defined benefit plan, whose purpose is to provide retirement benefits to qualified members of the City and County of Denver and Denver Health and Hospital Authority.
Please visit their website at www.derp.org to learn more about the Plan, Benefits and Health Insurance, to calculate Benefits, and to obtain forms, and other information.
Denver Employees Retirement Plan
777 Pearl Street
Denver, CO 80203-3717
Phone: 303 839-5419 Fax: 303 839-9525