Skip navigation

Form W-4

You must complete Form W-4 so that the Payroll Division can calculate the correct amount of tax to withhold from your pay.  Federal income tax is withheld from your wages based on marital status and the number of allowances claimed on this form.  You may also specify that an additional dollar amount be withheld.  You can file a new Form W-4 anytime your tax situation changes and you choose to have more, or less, tax withheld.

Whether you are entitled to claim a certain number of allowances or exemption from withholding is subject to review by the IRS.  Your employer may be required to send a copy of Form W-4 to the IRS.

Electronic Viewing and Updating My W-4 Tax Information
*please note, you must be able to log on to DOT to perform these actions
  1. Log on to DOT
  2. Click on the My Page tab
  3. From the Self Service Center choose My W-4 Tax Information
  4. View/Edit W-4 Information
  5. Click Submit
You will receive an automatic confirmation that your data has been saved

Updating My W-4 Tax Information, if you do not have access to DOT
  1. Complete Form W-4
  2. Print and sign the form
  3. Deliver to the Controller's Office, Payroll Division
             By Mail                                                      By Fax
            201 West Colfax Ave Dept. 1109                   720 913-5249
            Denver, CO 80202