CCD is using local funds to conduct final design. Additional funding is being pursued for the acquisition of ROW and Easements, and the construction of the project.
The City and County of Denver (CCD) has completed the design for Project 1 and 2 as described below:
Demolition of the former Gates Rubber Plant buildings is anticipated to be completed by the property owner by year’s end. Demolition of the existing buildings on the east side of Broadway between Arizona and Kentucky avenues is anticipated to begin in late 2014, or early 2015.
Final design activities for the reconstruction of Broadway between Kentucky and Arizona will begin in the spring of 2012
• Finalize roadway modeling and final grading
• Complete retaining wall design for wall located on the north side of Mississippi west of Broadway
• Complete storm drainage system design
• Complete design of utility relocations for multiple utilities within the project limits
• Complete landscape, streetscape and lighting design
• Finalize right-of-way plans and begin right of way acquisition
Percentage complete: 70% of preliminary design
Percentage complete:: 50% of preliminary design