Skip navigation

Public Works Permits — Block Parties

Block Parties as defined by the City and County of Denver are managed through the Office of Human Rights and Community Partnerships' Office of Community Affairs. See more information about Denver Days and block party criteria on their website.

Application forms & requirements (PDF)

The block party permit applies to residential streets and alleys only. The permit supports the gathering of residents of a particular block and those adjacent to the street or alley being closed. Parties organized by commercial or business interests that are advertised and/or open to the broader public are permitted under Special Events. Gatherings on non-residential streets and those that include the sale of alcohol also fall under Special Events.