This project will help improve safety and reduce flood risks to people and property in the Valverde and Athmar Park neighborhoods, two areas of town known to flood. Beginning in mid-February, weather permitting, the city will install a larger stormwater pipe along West Alameda Avenue from Bryant to Decatur Streets, which will provide more capacity to carry and drain stormwater in this area. In addition, lateral storm pipes will be installed along residential streets between West Alameda Avenue and West Dakota Avenue.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE: Week of March 30, 2020
- Crews will continue construction of inlets, manholes and pipe for the new stormwater system within W. Alameda Avenue.
- The eastbound lanes of W. Alameda Avenue will remain open and adjusted during this time to provide one eastbound and one westbound lane for vehicular traffic.
- The sidewalk on the north side of W. Alameda Avenue between Bryant and Canosa Streets remains closed to pedestrians.
- Around midweek, crews anticipate "flipping" the traffic plan on W. Alameda Avenue for construction to begin in the eastbound lanes of W. Alameda. Lane closures will be in effect between Tejon and Dale Streets.
- When traffic flips, the westbound lanes of W. Alameda will be reopened and adjusted to provide one lane of traffic in each direction, and the sidewalk on the north side of W. Alameda between Bryant and Canosa Streets will be reopened.
- The sidewalk on the south side of W. Alameda between Bryant and Canosa Streets will be closed to pedestrians during this phase of construction.
- The RTD stop on the north side of W. Alameda Avenue at Bryant Street will remain closed.
Construction hours are expected to be between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. during the week. Saturday work may occur infrequently, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Delays should be expected while work is underway.
Access to residences and businesses will be maintained during construction.
- There may be temporary interruptions of utility services during construction. Advance notice will be provided to the impacted residents and business owners.
- RTD bus stops on W. Alameda may be impacted during construction. Information relating to specific closures will be included in the regular email updates and posted on the project website.
We encourage residents and businesses to sign up to receive construction updates at firstname.lastname@example.org.