Participating in Treecycle is simple, and recycling your tree after the holidays is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Remove all decorations, lights, and the tree stand from your tree.
Set your tree out for collection at your normal trash set-out location by 7 a.m. on Friday, January 5th or by 7 a.m. on Friday, January 12th.
Reclaim free mulch made from your tree at the annual Mulch Giveaway & Compost Sale in May 2018.
NEW COLLECTION SCHEDULE THIS YEAR
- Only natural, real trees are collected by Treecycle crews. No artificial or flocked trees.
- Trees set out by 7 a.m. on Friday, January 5th will be collected by 5 p.m. Monday, January 8th.
- Trees set out by 7 a.m. on Friday, January 12th will be collected by 5 p.m. Monday, January 15th.
- Trees will not be collected by Extra Trash crews during the first two weeks of January.
- Trees must be placed at least two feet away from collection carts, structures and other obstacles. Do NOT place trees inside bags or trash carts.
- Trees may also be dropped off at one of two Treecyle drop-off sites, open through January 31st.
- Treecycle is for Denver residents only.