PaintCare is holding a free paint drop-off event for households and businesses on Saturday, August 24th, 2019 from 8 AM to 3 PM at Denver South High School (1700 E. Louisiana Ave.).
To prevent long wait times and traffic congestion, EVENT PARTICIPATION IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
EVENT DROP-OFF TIPS:
- All materials must be in original manufacturer container with a label and a secured lid.
- Try to arrive no more than 10 minutes before or 10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time slot.
- Only sign up for one appointment time. Duplicate entries will be deleted.
- Review the list below of accepted and not accepted paint for this event. NO LIMIT on the number of items you can bring, but everything must be on the accepted list.
- Do not drop-off paint outside the event day or hours. Doing so will be considered illegal dumping and violators will be subject to penalties.
- Interior and exterior architectural paints: latex, acrylic, water-based, alkyd, oil-based, enamel (including textured coatings)
- Deck coatings, floor paints (including elastomeric)
- Primers, sealers, undercoaters
- Shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, urethanes (single component)
- Waterproofing concrete/masonry/wood sealers and repellents (not tar or bitumen-based)
- Metal coatings, rust preventatives
- Field and lawn paints
- No leaking, unlabeled or empty containers
- No aerosol spray paints
- No drums or containers larger than 5 gallons
- No other types of hazardous waste or chemicals
- No paint thinners, mineral spirits, auto & marine paints, art & craft paints, caulking compounds, epoxies, glues, adhesives, paint additives, colorants, tints, resins, wood preservatives, roof patch, asphalt, tar, deck cleaners or road marking paint.
Paint manufacturers created PaintCare®, a non-profit organization, to set up convenient places for you to recycle leftover paint. PaintCare® has drop-off sites throughout Colorado where you can take smaller amounts of paint all year long. To learn more or find a year-round PaintCare® drop-off site near you, visit www.paintcare.org or call (855) 724-6809.