Ordering take-out? Here are some recycling tips.
1. Before you order:
- If you're eating at home, let the delivery service or restaurant know that you do not need plastic utensils or condiment packets. Use your own instead.
- Is your plastic container reusable? Repurpose the sturdy ones for food storage.
- Plastic bags can be repurposed as small trash bags or pet waste bags. Use them for the smaller trash bins in bathrooms and bedrooms. You can also use them for mini litter clean-ups!
3. Recycle right:
- Rigid plastic containers, labeled #1-7, can be recycled. Empty and rinse. Plastic lids can be placed back on the plastic container for recycling.
- Hot or cold beverage cups can be recycled. The lids and straws are trash. This includes paper soup containers.
- Pizza boxes (not greased through to the other side)
- Aluminum trays/containers
- Not Accepted:
- Condiment packets
- Paper clamshells
- Paper take-out boxes
- Plastic bags
- Plastic utensils
- Small plastic containers and lids (less than 2'x2'), such as sauce and condiment containers.
And remember, when in doubt, throw it out! Let's keep contamination out of our purple carts.