The following items are accepted at this one-day event, but must be sorted by type and kept separate from trash to ensure that they can be properly recycled or composted:
- Yard Debris – Includes clean material such as brush, branches, grass, and leaves (no plastic bags)
- Large Rigid Plastics- Includes items such as laundry baskets, large toys (no metal or wheels), play centers, kid pools, plastic lawn furniture, 5-gallon buckets (remove handle) and old plastic storage tubs. Please no coolers. (Note: Large rigid plastics are not accepted in your Denver Recycles purple cart, only at this event. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to recycle your large rigid plastics free of charge).
- Appliances – Includes items such as water heaters, dishwashers, microwaves, refrigerators.
- Furniture, Box springs, and Mattresses – These items are accepted in any condition.
- Overflow Cardboard – Cardboard must be flattened. (Note: Flattened cardboard is always accepted in Denver Recycles’ purple carts and at the Cherry Creek Recycling Drop-off).
- Scrap Metal – please visit Denvergov.org/KDB or call 311 for accepted types of scrap metal
- Block Styrofoam – (No takeout containers or cups)