Dumpster trash service customers are provided with dumpsters for the disposal of household trash only. Automated trucks are used to lift and empty the dumpster. DHA residents may use any dumpster located around the property.
- Keep area around the dumpster clear of trash and large items at all times.
- Do not place items next to or within 2 feet of the dumpsters.
- Bag all of your trash in heavy-duty bags.
- Always keep the dumpster lid closed to reduce litter and pests.
- If the closest dumpster is full, please take your trash to the next closest dumpster that has space available.
- Do not place furniture, construction debris, sod or dirt in dumpsters.
- Only set out large items on scheduled Extra Trash Collection weeks (every 4 weeks).
- Maximize space in your dumpster by placing items in the rear of the dumpster first.
- Report illegal dumping by calling 311 (720-913-1311) as soon as possible. Record a license plate number and state of origin, description of the vehicle and a description of the person(s). Please do not approach or confront the person(s).
Denver Solid Waste Management collects extra trash bags and large items every four (4) weeks from your neighborhood. Please use the directions below and the calendar to ensure proper use of the program and to help keep your neighborhood clean.
- Check the calendar and map to find your scheduled Extra Trash service week.
- A maximum of 10 bags of trash and 5 large items (furniture, etc.) will be collected from each home per Extra Trash collection (every four weeks).
- Place your items out by 7 AM.
- Cart and Manual Customers: Place items out on your normal day of trash service during your scheduled Extra Trash service week.
- Dumpster Customers: Place items out on Monday of your scheduled Extra Trash service week.
- Make sure the items are visible and placed at least 2 feet away from your trash and recycling container, cars, poles and other obstructions.
- Only set out large items during your scheduled Extra Trash Service week. Setting items out on other times is considered illegal dumping.
- Put trash in containers or bags no larger than 32 gallons and weighing no more than 50 pounds, or it cannot be collected. Do not set trash out in cardboard boxes.
ACCEPTED ITEMS FOR EXTRA TRASH COLLECTION
Up to ten (10) bags of trash per collection, including:
- Household trash
- Bundled branches
- Grass clippings
Up to five (5) large items per collection, such as:
- Sofas, couches and chairs
- Mattresses and box springs
- Dressers, tables and television stands
- Toilets and sinks (limit of one per Extra Trash collection)
- Large toys (playhouses, kiddie pools, etc.) and old bicycles (scooters, big wheels, etc.)
- Carpet and rugs (must be rolled into pieces no larger than 4 feet in height or not greater than 50 pounds each piece)
- Exercise equipment (treadmills, stationary bikes, etc.)
- Old trash containers (be sure to tape sign with “take away can” on containers to be removed)