Community Building Partnership for Youth in Transition (CBPYT) is an AmeriCorps State program housed at Denver Human Services. CBPYT has 21 AmeriCorps members who serve at community agencies across the front range. Members serve an average of 38 hours per week and earn a modest living allowance. After they complete 1,700 hours of service, they are rewarded with $5,550 to further their education.
- Support the essential bridges to adulthood through culturally appropriate resources
- Enhance services for youth to help those transitioning out of systems of care
- Help youth obtain good jobs
- Strengthen and augment family and social network support for youth
- Promote educational success
- Promote mental health and wellness
- Foster personal growth and self-identity
- Empower youth and promote personal responsibility
The CBPYT AmeriCorps program partners with various community agencies in the Denver/Boulder areas, including city and county agencies, local school districts and non-profits, to enhance the ability to meet the needs of youth between the ages of 15 and 22 who are transitioning into self-sufficiency. Each year the program is looking to expand its reach and partner with new agencies. If you feel your program could benefit from hosting an AmeriCorps member, please visit our website in January 2014 to view our annual Request for Proposals.
Members assist youth in the development of life skills in areas such as education, employment, housing, personal finance, cooking, personal care, healthcare, etc. Individual mentoring, group facilitation, program development, and service learning projects are a few ways that AmeriCorps members reach out to and engage youth.
CBPYT AmeriCorps Partner Sites
- Boys and Girls Club of Metro Denver
- Chafee Services at Denver Human Services
- College Summit
- Colorado Youth for a Change
- Community Reach Center
- Family Crisis Center at Denver Human Services
- Florence Crittenton High School
- George Washington High School
- GIVE Denver at Denver Human Services
- Goodwill Industries
- New American School (Denver, Lakewood, Lowry Campuses)
- Urban Peak
- TEENS Inc.
- Third Way Center
- YESS Institute
To learn more about AmeriCorps CBPYT please visit our website! www.cbpytamericorps.org
‘Like’ us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/AmeriCorpsCBPYT
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/AmeriCorpsCBPYT