The Denver Youth Council is a standing committee of the Denver Workforce Investment Board and fulfills all local region Youth Council responsibilities under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998. It is the intent of the Denver Youth Council to provide services for the Denver workforce region in cooperation and coordination with other workforce regions and Youth Councils from the metro Denver region and around the State of Colorado. The Council’s primary purpose, powers and duties are:
To develop portions of the local plan relating to eligible youth;
To recommend eligible providers of youth activities to be awarded by the Denver Workforce Investment Board; and
To conduct oversight of the eligible providers of youth activities.
- Membership Qualifications:
- The Council must include at least two members of the Denver Workforce Investment Board with special interest or expertise in youth policy; and, representatives of youth serving agencies, local public housing authority, Job Corps, a parent of WIA eligible youth, and a former participant.
- Members are appointed by a majority vote of the Denver Workforce Investment Board.
- Membership terms are for two years.
- Meets: Monthly on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Contact David Ford or Michelle Tenorio (see below) for meeting locations.
Youth Council Members
Megan Huffnagle, Smashburger (Co-Chair)
Kimberly Desmond, Denver Agency for Human Rights & Community Partnerships (Co-Chair)
Sonia Adame, Arrupe Jesuit High School
Precious Davis, Community College of Denver
Kelli Kelly, Parsons
Brigid McRaith, Mile High Youth Corps
Lynne Picard, Denver Housing Authority
Caren Swales, Job Corps
Charlotte Stephens, Public Safety Youth Programs
Mali Tolman, Parent/DPS
Madeline Williams, Emily Griffith Technical College
2010-2015 Youth Council Strategic Plan
New Member Prospectus
Membership Application - If you are interested in serving on the Youth Council, please contact David Ford or Michelle Tenorio (see below).
Meeting Schedule for 2015:
January 27, 2015
February 24, 2015
March 24, 2015
April 22, 2015
May 26, 2015
June 23, 2015
July through December TBD
Meeting Minutes for 2015 will be posted on this page. Minutes from 2014 and earlier are included with the minutes of the Denver Workforce Investment Board.
David Ford, Workforce Board Liaison, at 720.913.1669 or email@example.com;
or Michelle Tenorio, Denver Workforce Operations Manager, at 720.865.5551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.