All trash, recycling and compost carts must be stored on your property in between collections. You may set your carts out as early as the night before your collection day and then return your carts to your property within a day after collection occurs.
|Keep carts out of the alley and off the streets will:
- Ensure each neighbor takes responsibility for their own waste and carts
- Ensure each neighbor has access to the public right-of-way
- Improve the appearance of the alley
- Prevent cart loss or damage, and misuse or vandalism to the carts
- Minimize recycling and compost contamination (non-acceptable items can contaminate entire loads)
- Reduce litter and the potential for illegal dumping
- Discourage waste scavengers in your neighborhood
It is your responsibility to manage and care for your city-issued carts. Take pride in your neighborhood and bring your carts back.
Denver Recycles reserves the right to remove recycling carts that are improperly used. Improper use includes trash in carts, carts left in the public right-of-way (including the alley), abuse or destruction of carts outside of normal wear and tear, and uses deemed inappropriate by the City.